During the tax season its best to be updated with latest new by CRA or Government of Canada, specially when its related to improvements in processing the tax and government returns. and accessing important information quickly.
CRA recently made some notable changes to their online services that can be divided into two the following two categories:
- Express NOA: Receive instant assessment result immediately after the return electronically and get Notice of Assessment in participating EFILE certified tax preparation software the next day. Tax preparers must meet several requirements to access this service, including CRA credentials, a valid T1013 on file and Part C of Form T183.
- ReFILE: A new functionality for the EFILE system that allows representatives to adjust this year’s or last year’s tax return.
- Pre-authorized debit for EFILE: Representatives can now transmit direct debit details on behalf of the client via the EFILE system.
- List of notices issued in Represent a Client: Access a list of clients’ names, along with the type of notice, date issued and whether the tax return has been assessed as filed or with changes.
- New information available for online mail: Taxpayers will be notified by email when there are new messages to view for their account. In addition to NOAs, this will also include benefits notices and slips, as well as installment reminders. Available by email registration when filing a tax return, by signing up onlineor using the MyCRA mobile app.
- Improved user experience for Auto-Fill My Return: Take advantage of extended log-in sessions, newly available tax slips and using the service for 2016 and 2015 tax returns.
Also, Government of Canada launches new joint initiative to help Canadians access their benefit information online. What they have done is unified both “CRA’s My Account” and “ESDC’s My Service Canada Account” under single online sign in credentials. If you log into your My CRA account, on the bottom left side menu you’ll find a link to Service Canada account. This provides individuals to view or change their return, track their refund, check their benefit and credit payments, view and update their employment insurance, Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security information and more more conveniently. We highly recommend registering for your CRA My Account, ASAP.
If you need any advice on suggestions regarding your accounting and tax requirements, please contact us.